View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Kelly0514
(female)

Kelly0514 HB User
Unhappy Needs Sinus Surgery Advice

I've had chronic sinus problems my whole life and they have gotten much worse over the last few years. I finally went to see an ENT and didn't get the news I was hoping for.

I have a deviated septum and Conchabalosa (CB) which will require surgery to fix. Although I've been told this will drastically help my issue, I am terrified of the surgery. No one wants to hear that they are going to remove bones from your nose and then break it! In addition, he told me I will have to come back 3 times after the surgery to have the splint removed and for "cleanings". I can't imagine that feeling too good either. I have a fairly good tolerance for pain, but not very excited about this.

I am hoping someone out there has been through this experience and can provide me with some insight about the procedure, recovery time, pain scale, and follow-up appts post surgery.

Don't be afraid of scaring me, I would rather know the truth. I've been through kidney stones which I've been told is the worst pain I will ever experieince, so I'm sure I can handle this.

Sponsors Lightbulb