View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Buckhannon, Wv, USA
Posts: 2
Wvbug1 HB User
Unhappy Re: Ssi Back Pay For Children (dedicated Account)

We live in West Virginia and my son also just got approved for SSI. It took almost 2 years and now I also have to open a dedicated account for him. Social security told me that I am not allowed to touch his money at all. If he needs something then I have to write them a letter requesting what he needs and how much it costs then if they feel he needs it then they will allow me so much money to buy it. How do they know what my son needs??? They don't live with him or care for him I do. They said if I use the money then I will have to pay it back and they will take away me as payee. I live on disability so I need all the help I can get. My son told me to give them back there money they obviously need it more then him. Help please!!! Oh and by the way they say he can't even use it when he turns 18.

Last edited by Wvbug1; 03-13-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: forgot something