View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 05:03 AM   #5
doxielover
(female)

doxielover HB User
Re: Pregnant with Innapropriate Sinus Tachycardia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplifies View Post
I was wondering how you found out that you had these heart problems? I'm 21 and also pregnant and have been very paranoid about giving birth vaginally. My heart skips a beat like 3-5 times a day, sometimes more or less.. And used to race all the time before I got pregnant, but it hasn't recently. I've never had any tests on my heart, so I'm worried that something could be wrong with it and we wouldn't even know. I know this isn't helping you at all, I'm really sorry. I don't know the answer, I was just curious how I could go about finding out. Thank you.
I found out because when I would go to the doctor they would freak out about how fast my heart rate was..and do an EKG.
I was at the hospital one time on christmas eve because I had lost of my voice, etc. She sent me to see a doctor about my high heart rate..who straight up told me "you're going to die.." after he read my EKG. He then sent me to the hospital for more testing..who sent me to a cardiologist.

I've seen a cardiologist, pediatric cardiologist, and electrophysiologist since then. I moved though, so I had to find new doctors. The only way to fix what I have is to ablate my sinus node and have a pacemaker. Which we don't want to do yet because I"m so young & that means multiple surgeries.