View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
Ripley39
(female)

Ripley39 HB User
Question Re: strange symptoms with sinusitis?

Reading the posts of the two of you has finally given me some insight to the fact that this is not all "in my head"! I have been dealing with sinus / allergy issues for the better part of 4 years now. I am nearing 40 and my family (maternal) has a history of allergy related sinus problems.

Right now, the primary issue I am having is of general sinus pain in the frontal lobe, ears, and eyes, the pain in the neck shoulders and joints, and lack of energy, fatigue, tiredness.

I have found that when the sinus season really strikes and the weather is damp or raining, the pain is not only in my frontal lobe, but almost as if it's behind my eyes. I find that I am not focusing as I used to, am forgetful of details in conversations had with family members, unable to focus on what someone is saying and miss the majority of their statements although I am looking right at them.

I have found that during the time these damp high sinus pain/ pressure/ headache, sore throat (drainage), sneezing, coughing, and serious ear "popping" periods are occurring, I also feel pain in my neck that spreads into my upper shoulders, finger & wrist joints, knees, and lower back. This "ache" I describe as like those body aches that you get when you have a bad cold or flu like illness.

In addition to this overall "just feel poorly" period noted above, no matter how much sleep I get, I wake up and feel like I am still tired. Or I am ready for a nap in the middle of the afternoon (weekends) I think nothing of putting in 10-12 hour days at work, starting as early as 4:30am. However, now, it's all I can do to get up in time to be there by 8am.

Needless to say this on again off again "lethargy" has left me with added weight, 20 pounds in 4 years, that I have allowed to creep on me during these periods of fatigue.

I am treating these symptoms with OTC severe sinus medication, claritan, etc, and on occassion, believed that I also had a sinus infection that sent me to my physican (GP) (sometimes it was an infection) that on at least 3 occasions that I was told there was no infection.

The pain in the body is real. The tiredness and fatigue is real. The pain in the ears, eyes, and throat is real. It is not anxiety (as was also suggested to me). Has anyone else had any ENT / sinus/ allergy issues that manifests into muscle aches in addition to the the above noted symptoms you and I have described??

Thanks!