View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #11
sunnydeeelite
(female)

sunnydeeelite HB User
Re: Sinus Tachycardia / PAC's & PVC's Support

I get the same feelings of weakness, Tamlis. It sounds like you are having the same symptoms as me. Have you ever been treated for reflux or irritable bowel? I've noticed when I'm not anxious and my stomach isn't reacting to the stress, I don't have the heart symptoms. But when I do, I get chest and stomach pain, feel like I'm going to throw up and my stomach feels full. Eating small meals all day has helped this. Tachycardia isn't always caused by misfiring in the heart. It can be caused by hormones and chemicals in the body as a normal reaction to stress. Mine has woken me up at night as well, near the 200's. My stomach will be hurting, I will drink cold water, burp and it goes down. Have they told you where this is coming from? It it truly coming from the sinus node? It is so unsettling, I know. Have they treated you for anxiety? Sometimes when you treat the underlying cause, you get rid of the symptoms.
You are not alone. We need some type of support network, where we can call on others when we have these attacks to help calm us down. I have been to the ER 4 times in the last 2 years. Each time my high hr came down on it's own (it was up to 180) and I could have saved a lot of money by staying home. But, you never know with this so better safe than sorry.