View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
MyHeart916
(female)

MyHeart916 HB User
Re: possible sinus tachycardia

Hi, I am 29 and have sinus tach. The only difference is my resting HR is about 80. My HR went as high as 165 doing nothing but sitting in a cubicle. Anyway, I will tell you what I've been told after going to many heart doctors, sinus tach will not hurt you however it is very annoying. When your heart races do you always feel it? I do. Sinus Tach gives people anxiety, well it did for me at least, and after severe sinus tach episodes, I would get panic attacks which just made everything worse. You can really worry yourself sick with all of this, and to you it seems like a huge deal, but the doctors always seem to act like it's nothing. They will probably run tests etc and just put you on a beta blocker. In my personal opinion an EKG is not the best test out there, it only says what your heart is doing at that moment. I would tell your cardiologist you want to wear an extended heart monitor, I wore a great one for 2 weeks and it will definately catch something if there is something to catch going on with your heart. After everything, I am on a beta blocker, Atenolol 50mg/twice a day & was told to start conditioning my heart by exercising, it has helped but did not fix me. =(

p.s. I thought about getting a monitor to to check my heart rate too, but trust someone that has been through this, do not wear it all the time. You will drive yourself crazy with worry and it will just make your heart beat faster. As silly as this sounds, try to find relaxation techniques, it has helped me. I would like any suggestions though anyone else out there may have..

Good Luck to you, keep us posted!