View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 31
craziestlady HB User
Can anyone explain this?

I am allergic to my cat and pollen. For some time, my taste and smell hasn't been as it used to be. I could still taste and smell but it wasn't as good as it should have been. I just thought it was because of my inside cat. About a month ago, I worked outside in my yard and since then, my taste and smell has been almost gone. I can taste vinegar, honey mustard sauce and anything else if it's strong enough but not enough to count. I can smell cigarette smoke but that's about it. I ate some dark chocolate today but couldn't taste it. It seems as if I can taste some if it's strong enough. But, tonight, my husband and I went out to eat. He got a piece of coconut pie and let me try a bite. I COULD TASTE IT!!!!!! I thought coconut was a mild flavor so I didn't expect to be able to taste it since I couldn't taste the dark chocolate earlier. Does this make sense to anyone? I have always been allergic to pollen so I thought I would wait the pollen out and if it doesn't get better, then I will see my doctor. Can anyone explain this coconut and chocolate issue here?

Sponsors Lightbulb