View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
Impatient1
(female)

Impatient1 HB User
Re: Acid reflux and anxiety? Sinus and throat issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEdds83 View Post
Hi Impatient1, welcome to the club. I am sorry you are suffering. Unfortunately I think all 3 things go hand in hand. Acid reflux. Allergies and anxiety. The 3 A s. They each feed off of each other. I have had all 3 for years. So frustrating. I am seeing the doctor today for a lump in my throat. It came on about 3 weeks ago. I am thinking the worst. Not good huh? Anyhow....for now treat the symptoms. Try to keep your sinus s dry and the reflux under control. I hate being on the meds. But I have to until things heal up and winter comes to kill of my outdoor allergies. Good luck. Here for you anytime!
Hey, thanks for your response. It unfortunately is not a club I want to be a part of. Guess I don't have a choice in the matter though. This is very frustrating and at times I start to think I'm never going to feel well again. Then that causes a lot of anxiety. Sometimes I just can't shake the feeling that something is seriously wrong with me but I'm too scared to go to the doctor to find out. When I start stressing out is when I really have acid reflux symptoms (chest discomfort, burping, upper abdominal discomfort). Other than that, I don't feel it all the time but something is keeping my throat irritated so, I don't know. Today I actually felt, what I think was acid, come up in my throat. I've been debating whether so start taking PPIs again to see if it would help my sinus symptoms. I have been speaking with a counselor and have an appointment with a psychiatrist coming up soon to try to deal with the crazy amount of anxiety I've been experiencing. Hope your doctors appointment went well! What did you find out, if you don't mind me asking? Again, thanks for your response, it was very much appreciated. Have a good day!