View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
rescuegreen3
(male)

rescuegreen3 HB User
Re: Discectomy two weeks ago... Well?

It's been 3 weeks since my discectomy/lami "Aka open discectomy"

Today was the first day in a long time that I rolled out of bed without sciatic pain!

Don't get my wrong, if I twist my hips a few degrees fwd or backwards I know the sciatic is waiting for me. But... Rolling out of bed to the bathroom I was like " wow, it actually doesn't kill to walk."

I have been laying down for 40 minutes, up and walking for 15-20 minutes, then on an ice pack for 15-20 minutes. That's pretty much my existence.

Nobody mentioned that I would have continuing sciatic pain after my surgery. Everybody who I know who did this would say "oh great & instant relief. Off pain Meds the next day, walking two miles... Blah blah blah...."

It wasn't like that at all. It wasn't until I found this web site that I have heard of slow to heal, continual sciatic, raw nerves, let nerve cool down" etc etc...

Trying to hope that I'm getting better. But I can't stop to wonder if there is still pieces of bone/disc which is still causing the pain???? So hard to know if I'm actually getting better or just taking it easy and not agitating the bad sciatic nerve...

Stayng positive. I'm focused