View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
ChiJenn
(female)

ChiJenn HB UserChiJenn HB User
Recovering from hospitalization for cerebral venous sinus thrombosis

Good evening. I'm so glad I discovered this board!

I visited my doctor 3 weeks ago with intense pain (9 on a 1-10 pain scale) on the left side of my head and was sent for an MRI and MRV. The MRV showed an 8-inch blood clot in my left venous sinus and I was immediately led down to the ER and admitted to the hospital. I spent a week in the neuro unit, 4 1/2 days of which were in the ICU on that floor. I was treated with blood thinners and will be on Coumadin for sometime.

The main culprit has been identified ... the birth control pill, Yasmin. Needless to say, I broke up with oral contraceptives the second I went into the hospital.

While this is considered to be a rare condition, I am already aware of 2 other people who had the same issue with the same cause. PLEASE CONSIDER THE RISKS WHEN GOING ON THE BIRTH CONTROL PILL.

I'm thankful and blessed to have had the clot identified and to have received the care I needed to recover. I certainly have fears and anxiety over such a shocking event, which I deal with day to day. But, overall, I'm just thankful.

If anyone has experience with this condition, I would welcome to hear your insights and advice ... And, most of all, I hope you're well!

Thank you for reading,
Jenn

Sponsors Lightbulb