View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #14
SpineAZ
Senior Veteran
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: Needing level 3 cervical disc fusion need advice!

I am likely having c4 added to my c5-c7 later this year or next year. C4 had been "iffy" when I had my 2006 ACDF and I should have demanded it be included. But I've since changes Orthopedic Spine Surgeons last summer.

I've been out of work since late April 2009 due to neck, knee and back. My employer based disability, both STD and LTD, were approved and LTD provided me an attorney to apply for SSDI. They just filed my initial application, I then received some paperwork from SS as to my daily activities and past job descriptions. Completed that and sent it on to the attorney who submitted to SS.

I am on MS Contin 30 mg 3x/day, Neurontin 600 mg 3x/day, Norco 7.5/325 mg up to 3x/day, and Soma 350 mg up to 3x/day. And now that I'm 6 months post lumbar revision (now fused L3-S1) I can again take advil / aleve / aspirin.

I'm starting Supartz injections (series of 5) in my right knee next week to hopefully delay knee replacement 5-10 years. I just did two cervical ESI which only helped a little so I may not do the 3rd one.

Age 44 and falling apart but refuse to let it get me down. I have a cousin in the final stages of ALS so my pain, surgeries, etc are insignificant compared to his experience and prognosis.