View Single Post
Old 09-06-2002, 12:01 PM   #7
livenlearn

livenlearn HB User
Re: Acne has made my life miserable

from a women's perspective... (an older one at that... i'm 31)... anyway, i can feel your pain... completely..... although i didn't have acne in my teens..... i did throughout my 20's..... all i did was worry about how to get rid of them.... didn't socialize..... and always thought people were staring at me...... now, my acne is gone... (thanks to proactiv.... i know it doesn't work for some people.. but, thank God, it worked for me !!)... anyway, i do have a couple scars on my face from when all i cared about was getting this zit off my face.... i didn't worry if it would scar.....

ok, my point is... my mother apparently had acne when she was younger... (although i never remember her having acne) i have discovered in the last couple years that i notice SHE has some scars..... anyway, point is.... she never talked to me about my acne... never tried to help me.... i went to a derm when i was about 24..... he did nothing.... except for the scars he did cyrotherapy... which helps a little.... kinda like microdermabrasion..... but, it's Co2 that he sprays your face with..... kinda "freezes" the acne and the skin where the scars are it becomes "scaly" over the next couple days and peels off.. but, it isn't anything horrible to be seen with.... anyway, i really was kinda angry with her for not stepping in and helping me, seeing that apparently, she went thru the same thing i did... .so, i understand how you feel when your father doesn't try and help you.... i know they probably don't know how.. seeing that they have scars... but, you better believe my children will not go through what i did..... i've learned how to control my acne, and rid myself of it.... finally.... so, i'll give them the advice i know works.... and prevent any scarring in them... (i'm praying they have their fathers skin... he's the type that makes ya sick... maybe has had one pimple his entire life)

anyway, just wanted to send you some encouragement.... proactiv worked for me for my acne... and right now i'm using alpha hydrox enhanced creme with glycolic acid... and a "sugar" scrub that has glycolic acid in it to tone my skin.. i've been pretty happy with the results...

good luck!