View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #2
Senior Member
Angie10's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 215
Angie10 HB User
Re: Secondary Sjorgren's

Hi MellyMell,

Has your doctor checked for Anti-Rho and Anti-La antibodies? These are also used to determine Sjogrens. He or she can also test for Rheumatoid Factor, ESR (Sed Rate), etc., instead of just the ANA. You can also have an opthamologist perform a Schirmer's Test to check for dryness of the eye. Dye is dropped into the eye and dry spots normally show up. These additional tests can help the doctor to determine Sjogrens. Hope this helps!