View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #8
PonyLover375
(female)

PonyLover375 HB UserPonyLover375 HB User
Re: Sinus surgery packing and other scares

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirgirl View Post
Sometimes, the anesthesia makes people sick. That didn't happen in my case. Mention it to your doctor and/or anesthesiologist. Maybe something can be done to prevent that.

I had my surgery at around 8:00 in the morning, and I was on my way home before noon. I felt really good the rest of the day. I did a lot of napping that day. I don't know if it was because of the anesthesia or because the meds knocked me out.

Has your surgery been scheduled yet?

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank him for his answers. Philippians 4:6 (The Living Bible)
Well the surgery hasnt been scheduled yet but i had a CT scan last monday. the doctor tried to get me in to talk and schedule as soon as he could but the closest appointment open was november 7. Hes a very busy doctor. H said it shouldnt be as hard on me as my tonsillectomy. Im not really all that scared of pain because im so used to it but i am afraid about my asthma attacks with this.
I dont want to be in the hospital any longer that i need to be but i do hope that if i feel that i need to stay a bit longer that they would let me... I have problems with blacking out especially when im sick. I guess it all depends on how i am feeling once i wake up, when i wake up.
I didnt have such a great experience with my tonsillectomy... I went in at around 5:30 in the morning. My surgery was at around 7. Well it took me hours to wake up. When i did and i tried to get up, i threw up and felt dizzy like iwas going to pass out. They just gave me pain medicine and let me go back to sleep... then later at around 4 o clock they made me get up and walk down the hall. That made me dizzy again and i threw up again when i got back.... this time the nurse was telling me i had to drink a whole milkshake. I took two sips and fell asleep. She came back and was upset... then she gave me a popsicle, after i ate the whole thing she unplugged my IV line and sent me off at around 7 oclock that evening. I felt like i needed to stay a while longer, or at least until i could hold something down and not get so dizzy but i guess it was time for her to leave and she wanted to get me out of the way or something. I had an awful reovery too... not pleasant. (as i said before, i take way longer to get recovered than others.) i guess theres no point in me worrying about alot of this tho since the doctor and nurses will know whats best.
I have another question (sorry, im full of them.) Do you know what kind of complications theres a risk of? Thanks yet again. (:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
smile