View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #1
gemini0617
(female)

gemini0617 HB User
Chronic Sinus infections.... please help!!! MRI attached

I have been having repeated sinus infections for the past year and they seem to be constantly getting worse instead of better.

I do have a low immune system, which both my Physician and I are aware of due to other health concerns, but now it's gotten to a point where the nasal drip is irritating my throat, causing swelling and even swelling to the point where my airway is getting blocked and I am forced to take short breaths.

I am tired of taking antibiotics over and over as I am on a long list of medications for more severe health issues. The antibiotics also seem to not even be working. This last antibiotic treatment seems to have accomplished nothing as I appear to keep getting worse and not better.

I have attached an MRI image that was done recently for another reason, and I admit I am no radiologist, but this does not look right to me. From the looks of it I have a deviated septum, but I am unsure if this is the cause or if there is more that could be causing this repeated problem.

Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

FYI: I have already had my tonsils removed, but I still have my adnoids. Could the adenoids be playing a role in this?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sinus Only.jpg (14.4 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by gemini0617; 11-03-2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Sponsors Lightbulb