View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
Machaon
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Chronic Sinus infections.... please help!!! MRI attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini0617 View Post
I have been having repeated sinus infections for the past year and they seem to be constantly getting worse instead of better.
I agree with gcsjr regarding one of your turbinates, the left one, that looks quite swollen. The main cause of swollen turbinates is allergy. Do you suffer from allergies? Have you been treated by an allergist?

I am not an expert, but when this MRI was taken, it looks like your maxillary sinuses, under your cheek bones, are quite clear and not a problem, at this point. If so, that is good news.

Quote:
I do have a low immune system, which both my Physician and I are aware of due to other health concerns, ... I am tired of taking antibiotics over and over as I am on a long list of medications for more severe health issues. The antibiotics also seem to not even be working. This last antibiotic treatment seems to have accomplished nothing as I appear to keep getting worse and not better.
Your allergies cause your left turbinate to swell. As a result of this swelling and irritation, and because of past damage to the membranes in your turbinate, your turbinate is prone to infection and re-infection. Until the old damage to your left turbinate is healed, you will be prone to infection of that turbinate, over and over and over again, in my humble non-professional opinion.

If you can keep the harmful bacterial away from the damaged turbinate, allowing the turbinate to fully heal, then your frequent sinus infections should become much less of a problem.

⇒ Cheap effective asthma inhaler: Fluticasone Nasal Spray!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.