View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
LittleLulu's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stone Mountain, GA
Posts: 4
LittleLulu HB User
Question Married and Pregnant: Not By My Husband

My husband and I have been seperated for almost two years. We are very cordial. I still love him and maybe one day we can work on our issues, but as for now we need space. However, this space has brought on the freedom of dating and so we've dated other people. He has gotten his "friend girl" pregnant twice, but she had to abort becuase of complications. I however have just gotten pregnant by my beau. I plan on keeping the baby.

I had a few questions in my case. Being that my husband and I are legally married, how will I be able to go after the actual father for child support since the child in the courts eyes is my husbands? I basically don't want to have to burden my husband with any issues pertaing to this baby legally. i dont want him on the Birth certificate, I dont want the baby to have his last name, and I want the rightful father to be held accountable. Is any of this possible? Can I file a child abandonment warrant against the actual father and they have him tested to prove he is the father or will my husband have to sign over his "rights as the father" and sign some acknowledgement form stating that he is not the father? I made a mess...

Sponsors Lightbulb