View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Needham,MA
Posts: 864
shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Married and Pregnant: Not By My Husband


I will try to answer your question about child support-in terms of the eyes of the court, here in Massachusetts whether your married or not, the father of the child is the one who's DNA matches that of the child. Just because you are married does not mean that your husband is automatically considered the father. I would find it hard to believe that Georgia Law requires someone to be legally responsible for a child for which he did not participate in creating. His name does not go on the birth certificate and he is not required to pay for the child and the child will not carry his name unless that is what is written on the birth certificate. You can leave the "father of child" on the birth certificate blank, if you go by your married name than you will have to decide which name you want your child to carry.
You can go to court and file a complaint for child support and request that the court require the man that you believe is the father submit to a paternity test.
Your husband has no rights as the father because he is not the father so there is no need for him to sign over any rights.
Here in Massachusetts we have what is called "Lawyers of the Day". You are able to go into the Probate and Family Office and request to speak with the lawyer of the day and ask all of your legal questions concerning what type of rights you have and how you can go about claiming those rights.
You may want to go to your local county courthouse and see if that option is available for you, that way you can get some real answers to your questions.
I hope I have help you with some of your questions.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.