Thread: help me please
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 05:09 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: dover,de,usa
Posts: 1,655
suzyshop1 HB User
help me please

Im about ready to lose my mind.My son suffers from bi-polar,depression,and anxiety.Recently he seperated from his wife of 13 yrs,mostly because of his mental problems. He also coundnt hold down a job any longer.He met online a young woman from Idonesia,who hes been corresponding online with for about 3 months now.He now wants to up and go to Indonesia,to marry her.The part of the world he is planning to go to is not one of the safest places to go.Ive done my research on it and it sounds like a dangerous place to go.We are fighting over him wanting me to finanically support his going.How can i as a mother in good faith help him,to do something in my heart of hearts,i think is irresponsible and dangerous.I also forgot to mention he lives with me and has no means of support,because of his mental capabilities.I have been taking care of him,and im afraid that i am going to lose him as my son ,because i won't do what he wants.It's like he's obsessed with this young woman,to the point where he will not listen to reason.I'ts really scaring me because he also had a anger problem.He said that im his mom and that he would never hurt me,but im not certain that he wouldn't if he lost his temper.His dad walked out on us yrs ago,and up till about a yr ago,when my son cut his wrist,his father finally started to at least have somekind of contact with him.How can i help my son,do something that i think is wrong?Anyone have any opinions or ideas.Thankyou for listening.

The following user gives a hug of support to suzyshop1:
tinkerbell45 (04-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb