View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
Shandee77
(female)

Shandee77 HB User
Re: Yasmin and my cerebral venous sinus thrombosis

Hi Jenn,

Thanks for sharing your story and I feel your pain. I too was diagnosed with a Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis. I have been looking all over the internet for people with this condition and haven't been able to find much. I am glad I am not alone- because I have felt very alone for a year now! There isn't much information about this available so it is a difficult diagnosis.

I was admitted to the hospital in January 2010 with a very severe headache, vomiting, etc. I experienced a Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism. My Pulmonary Embolism has since disolved. I had a follow up MRI/MRA in July of 2010 which showed about a 50% improvement for the Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis. I just had another MRI/MRA earlier this month, and this MRI did not show any change/improvement since July. They are attributing my CVST and Pulmonary embolism to oral contraceptives as well. I went off of them immediately. I am not a smoker and under 35 so I didn't think I was at risk.

I would love to keep in touch and check in with everyone who is going through this. Having a support network is key. Family and friends are great- but it helps to talk to people who are dealing with this everyday.

My advice is be strong, do your research, and take care of yourself and your health!

Hope to hear from you,

Shannon