View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #9
Shandee77
(female)

Shandee77 HB User
Re: Yasmin and my cerebral venous sinus thrombosis

Hi Caree8,

Thank you for your email. I am sorry that I haven't been able to reply to you until now. My clot(s) were very extensive. I had a very dull headache that would come and go, but that Monday when I was admitted to the hospital the pain was unbearable and extremely scary. Fortunately I went to the hospital when I did. My clot involved several of the sinuses/veins on the right side of my brain. I had clotting in the right transverse sinus, sigmoid sinus, confluence of sinuses, and inferior jugular vein. As of July 2010, I had some improvement in many of the sinuses, but on my January 2011 MRI/MRA there is still some haziness that shows. My neroulogist believes at this point it is probably scar tissue. I was really hoping that I would have 100% recanalization, but so far it doesn't look like that will happen. I am hoping it will improve more but I am not sure! It will be a miracle if it does! The doctors also want to take me off Warfarin, since I have been on it a year and they don't think I will have any additional risks. I have not stopped taking the warfarin yet because I am seeking a 2nd opinion on that.

Most days I feel pretty good, considering the extensiveness and seriousness of the clotting I had. I will get headaches, but they are minor and tylenol helps! Because I have scar tissue/residual damage my head does feel strange sometimes. Sometimes I will feel lightheaded or a little dizzy. I notice this more when I am stressed or tired. I find that staying hydrated helps- I tend to drink more water than I used to and it helps alleviate some of the symptoms. I also try to get at least 7 hours of sleep every night. That tends to help too!

I hope you continue to improve and do well. Please stay in touch!

Take care,
Shannon