View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 6
submisfit HB User
Re: How to find a doctor willing to address my pain?

Originally Posted by jonnstar View Post
A starting point would be ST Tramadol, plus Meloxicam (a long acting antiinflamatory/painkiller that doesnt cause ulcers)

Tramadol is a mild narcotic, but it has a very low potential for abuse and dependance.

From there, there are several steps that you could take, depending on your situation,.

Just because you're young doesnt mean you shouldnt have your pain addressed, that is absolutly disgraceful.
(Delving more into my personal situation)
I've actually suggested low dose tramadol to see how it goes, but the doctor is concerned about the seizure risks. Some of the diseases for which they are currently evaluating me (I believe Niemann Pick is the frontrunner) have episodic seizures, a pretty strong contraindication to tramadol. I'll look into meloxicam. My uncle has an intrathecal pump that has some non narcotic working fantastically, but it's only available in the pump unfortunately.

Also, I've never had a seizure, on a second readthrough it felt like that was the implication. It's just that if seizures mark the relapsive bursts of worsening, it would be best not to encourage them.

Last edited by submisfit; 03-28-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: addition