View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #8
Machaon
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Chronic Sinusitis - already had 3 sinus surgeries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major 9802 View Post
I just turned 40 and had my second surgery last January for polyp removal and for constantly being sick.
I can relate to you. I used to have constant sinus problems and polyps and swollen turbinates and sinus misery. Fortunately, as my allergy improved the polyps and my sinus problems got better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major 9802
Antibiotics, steroids, ok for 3 weeks than sick again. Now, I am worse. I think so much of my sinus cavity has been carved out that I no longer have a normal mucus flow. It just sits up there and gets clogged.
Unfortunately, until allergy issues are resolved, there could be constant problems with swollen turbinates and with polyps.

Have you had any allergy shots? Have you been tested for allergies? Have you found any foods that cause you sinus problems?

There are many foods, drinks, substances, materials, odors, chemicals, pollens, pollutants, dust, inks, animals, rugs, furniture, etc. that can cause sinus misery due to allergies and sensitivities. These sinus problems can also lead to recurrent sinus infections.

Quote:
I have been using NeilMed but I think its backflowing into my ears.
Sinus rinses are almost worthless against allergic sinusitis, IMHO. What I have found to be most effective for me is a Fluticasone nasal spray.

Quote:
I'm sick of being sick and am tired of the usual round of meds that are now useless and dangerous. I need to step up the allergy route. My doctor said I should be taking Singular and Alavert or something similar every day. Maybe that will help. Sigh.
I am puzzled? The first thing an allergy sufferer should be on is a steroidal nasal spray and perhaps something like Singular. Haven't you been on any allergy sinus medication?

Especially down in South Florida, where weed, tree and grass pollens are often very active.

⇒ Cheap effective asthma inhaler: Fluticasone Nasal Spray!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Machaon; 04-02-2011 at 12:25 PM.