View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #13
Caree8
(female)

Caree8 HB User
Re: Yasmin and my cerebral venous sinus thrombosis

Hi Shannon,

I just now saw your response - thank you so much for your reply!

I am glad to hear you're progressing and that the doctors are considering taking you off of the anti-coagulants. Have you had tests done to rule out any possible acquired or hereditary clotting disorders? I had those done prior to getting taken off of warfarin and shortly after just to make sure I wasn't at risk. I'm sorry to hear you haven't completely re-canalized...do you happen to know what Tesla strength your MRI's/MRV's were taken at? I had my first follow up scans done with a 1.5 Tesla strength machine and it appeared that I had only partial recanalization but when I when to the Mayo clinic in Rochester, they performed a scan with a 3 Tesla strength MR machine and the difference in image quality was amazing. If you're able to have a 3 Tesla scan done so you have a clearer idea of what's going, I'm sure it would help ease your mind about going off of the anticoagulants.

Thanks as well for sharing your experience regarding your residual symptoms. I too drink a lot more water than I used to and feel it makes me feel a little better. Are you able to tell me in more detail what you mean by your head feeling strange sometimes? I feel I say that a lot as well but can't quite describe it. Do you ever have extreme fatigue/foggyheadedness or feel any type of sensations of movement? I often feel like I've been on a boat and when I close my eyes I feel a slow rotation (a bit like the drunk spins)....it's awful. I'm just wondering if anyone else has/has had similar symptoms...prior to getting this clot, I was a healthy 24 year old (5'8", 130 lbs) with no medical issues and now I'm 26 still dealing with these strange and often debilitating residual symptoms even though I have recanalized.

I hope you're doing well and getting better each day!

Last edited by Caree8; 04-12-2011 at 01:32 PM.