View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 05:42 AM   #1
Garfieldstocks
(female)

Garfieldstocks HB User
Unhappy pain after surgery for ACDF C5-C6

Hi all

I am new to this so please bear with me, I underwent surgery nearly 6 weeks ago for ACDF C5-C6. My friend gave me a hug (nice) about 10 days post surgery......oh the pain :-( my neck clicked and crunched.

I have been in constant pain since, sitting upright with support around the neck, laying down in bed is a nightmare. I am unable to trun my head left and right, put my head back, put my chin to my chest, I feel lie it has been an absolute waste of time having the operation. The pain is excruciatin, almost like electric shocks/mini spasms in my neck, shoulders and down into my chest.

I have since been for an xray as this may show up the ceramic disc spacer that has been inserted in between the vertebrae. This show nothing untoward????

My consultant is quite dismissive (different hospital to my local) and I know feel like my own doctor is limited to what they can do to help.

Can I ask if anyone else has suffered since their operation, how long for and if they had any referral for further MRI, scan, xrays what was outcome.
Thanks all, any information would be fantastic as I feel as though its gone too far and maybe all in my head and I am worrying for nothing.

Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb