View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
Realhousewife
Inactive
(female)

Realhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB UserRealhousewife HB User
Re: Numbness from chin to incision site after ACDF

In my case it wasn't any insurance company-I don't have insurance. The delay in treatment for me was because I didn't have insurance and no one would take me locally. The neurosurgeon I have is a Trauma/Acute Care Neurosurgeon for one of the hospitals here. I was referred to him after going to that hospitals ER after 6 months of conservative treatment and being turned away from all of the neuro and ortho practices in town because I had no insurance. I was even lectured by some snotty ER nurse for not having insurance which is a violation of the law. She suggested I try someone out of town which I did. They had no problem taking my case but they wouldn't take the state medical program I have because I don't live in that county.

When I called the Neurosurgeon's office his office staff tried to roadblock me too because by then I wasn't an "acute" case. Lucky for me his physician's assistant felt sorry for me because I had suffered for so long and no one would help me. She's the one that made the decision for the neurosurgeon to see me. Before her all the PA's I came across have sucked and bordered on incompetent.

For me just knowing I HAVE someone to call if I have any other symptoms makes me feel so much better. I won't have to jump through hoops and have to deal with rude and insulting people to get to one next time.