View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
Moldova
Senior Veteran
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Left side of face numbness

Hello!
I can relate to your problem, I have same symptoms on my right side of the face + chin and around my lips. Hard to swallow' b/c of numbness in throat area feels like something stock in there, right?
So many tests were done, but only my dentist offered a good explanation and when I told this info to my spinal ortho, he said it makes sense.
He said due to RA and OA I have TMJ problem, which I know. So this TMJ issues causing the symptoms. He made for me a night guard which I use when I go to bed, this definitely helps TMJ issues, but not much the numbing and tingling. Some days more than others.
My Neurologist, very well known Dr in NY told me once something so simple but so powerful: "Doctors do not know more than they do know. If we would have all answers - it would be miracle, but we don't do miracles for sure". Another words: learn how to live with it.

So I did learn how to live with it for 15 years now....

All the best to you
Moldova