View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 7
sharkbait31 HB User
Adult ADD-what type of doc/therapy?

I have a few symptoms going on....
Some memory issues, mild-to-moderate attention problems, stress, weight gain with gynecomastia, multiple physical "joint" type issues, as well as urinary problems and GERD.
I've pretty much always addressed these problems individually, but there's a place in town that advertises itself as a "holistic approach to whole body health". I've never been to this type of doctor, but I'm not against it either. Just never wanted to end up with some quack taking my money.
I briefly took some ADD/depression meds prescribed by a phychiatrist after my divorce, some helped but mostly just left me feeling "blah".
I've never been one to stay on meds permanently if I can help it, and the last one I took, (don't remember the name) I took the entire first supply and didn't notice a thing. After about 2 weeks, though, I started to feel amazing! I was in a better mood than I can ever remember, I couldn't shut up, I was laughing and joking constantly. But I knew this had to be a false high, and there was no way I was going to let myself get addicted to this drug supplying this false feeling. So, it faded after about 3 weeks, and I have gone back to my normal mood/memory/health issues.

So, blah,blah,blah, my question is this- Do I try this holistic approach? Do I look for an endocrinologist to check out my hormones? I've had basic bloodwork before and seem to recall that my testosterone levels were normal. Also, I've read online about pituitary issues, such as benign tumors that can throw everything out of whack and cause a lot of the symptoms I'm experiencing.
Any suggestions for my next step?
(my ADD is mild by my judgement-- although right now I do have 8 tabs open on my browser and keep flipping back and forth between them)

Last edited by sharkbait31; 09-06-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb