Thread: Costochondritis
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3
mrsafetyman HB User

most likely if your sternum area is inflamed and certain cartilage at the breastbone and rib are also inflamed(tieze syndrome) with some having definite cyst like definition, then you have costochondritis. We went to several physicians and surprisingly not one could treat the condition yet alone even diagnose it. i am an occupational health ans safety specialist with a BS in the field of study including ergonomics, toxicology and industrial hygiene. I would suggest finding the right physician willing to inject with a steroid to alleviate the pain until there is more research performed on this disease. I could not believe my 15 year old daughter has to live in pain due to a lack of research into this area. Keep up the anti-inflammatory medications, heat, Ice, heat, ice and massage. God Bless all those with costochondritis

Sponsors Lightbulb