View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
Marie 67
(female)

Marie 67 HB User
Mastoiditis or Cholesteatoma

I would like to hear from someone who has had one of both. What are the symptoms? Do you have hearing loss? What caused these? I'm scared that I might have one or both of these conditions. I had a sinus infection that turned into an ear infection with effusion (fluid). I got the fluid drained three weeks ago but I am not hearing like I should. Could I have one or both of these diseases? I am having a hearing test tomorrow and I am terrified of what I will find out. I know it's not going to be good. I am also sick with worry about having something like this and would like to know what the symptoms are? I've seen pictures of people with a knot or bulge behind their ear. I know this is mastoiditis but is it always like that? Is a ct or mri the only way to know for sure if you do or don't have mastoiditis or cholesteatoma? Someone please post as I have been sick for three months and I'm afraid there might be an underlying condition like this. Can one recover hearing loss after having had mastoiditis or cholesteatoma? Everything that I have been informed of says you don't. If time is of the essence to save ones hearing if a person should have one of these ailments I would like to know. Any doctors in my area that deal with diseases of the ear take weeks to get into see. Please post so I can have more information than is on the web.

Sponsors Lightbulb