View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #4
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: All other liver tests normal - but bilirubin is high?! Confused!

Yes, I hear from people I know as well as what I've read that Meniere's is horrible to live with. I have BPPV (since 11 years old in 1966), and in 1999 I had it in both ears for almost 3 years 24/7. It was a tough time. I don't have lots of attacks now, but when I'm "off", it sure affects my functioning.

Just as an aside, I heard from a friend that stinging nettle tea helped him with some of his symptoms. I think only 1 or 2 cups a day max...but I'd have to check what's recommended of that type of tea.

There are some possibilities for the high bilirubin and not the others...if you have a copy of your results (which you should for all blood and other tests for research), make a list of questions to ask the doc.

I'd advise for now to not do "exploratory" such as ERCP or liver biopsy without reason. Before all of those, I'd suggest an MRCP which is an abdominal (liver/gallbladder/pancreas) with contrast MRI.

Hang tough...I can relate to your fears, and it isn't an easy thing with no answers.

When do you see your doctor next?

q