Thread: neck issues
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 04:38 AM   #1
gakw3
(female)

gakw3 HB User
neck issues

over the past year i have experienced moderate to severe pain on a daily basis. it occurs in my neck, shoulders, mid-back, lumbar region, i have weak aching legs, & weakness in my arms. i have tried all known conservative treatments to no avail.

unfortunately due to gastrits, any pain medication so far prescribed for me has given me severe stomach pain. i can take muscle relaxers, but they make me sleepy.

after seeing multiple doctors & having multiple tests, i will soon (hopefully) learn my fate. previously i'd been offered acdf at 2 levels, something i would prefer to avoid. i'm seeing a new doctor now.

this is the radiologists report of a recent cervical ct scan:

"there is decrease in the height of the disc space with degenerative spurring at c5-6. central disc osteophyte complex at c5-6 abutting the spinal cord with restriction of the canal. uncovertebral osteophyte to the right narrowing the right neural foramina at c5-6. there is also uncovetebral osteophyte to the right noted c6-7 with foraminal narrowing. bilateral apical scarring noted."

needless to say, i'm sick & tired of hurting all the time, not to mention, scared of what the future holds. besides the pain, i'm concerned about maintaining the integrity of my cervical spine & nerves.

any advice, insight or prior experiences you're willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

The following user gives a hug of support to gakw3:
Hollykins1 (03-22-2015)
Sponsors Lightbulb