View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 02:06 AM   #3
Justintime44
Veteran
(female)

Justintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB User
Re: Rotator cuff syndrome and biceps tendinitis!

I'm so sorry to hear all the pain you are experiencing. I encourage you to ask your doctor to prescribe additional pain medicine while you wait for the next step. You can take Tylenol in addition to NSAIDs, but it may not help much. Your doctor could prescibe Norco/Vicodan for pain, but then you cannot drive for six hours. I drive to work first, then take Norco, and then drive home about eight hours later. Some NSAIDS like Relafen are stronger than Aleve or Naprosen but not so hard on your stomache. there are other medications for nerve pain and muscles spasms, but you did not mention needing these.

You may also want to post on the Should board instead of the Arm, Hand & Wrist board. I am guessing your pain originates in your shoulders, and that the pain in your arms may be referred pain from your shoulders. However, I am not in the medical field, so I do not know. You can read other posts about rotator cuff injuries there and possibly receive responses from others with a similar condition. My 78-year old mom had torn rotator cuff surgery just a few weeks ago, and she is doing great! Luckily, she experienced very little pain afterwards for just 2-3 days. She's still in a shoulder/arm splint for six weeks total as her shoulder heals. then she'll begin PT to strengthen her shoulder.

I hope your doctor can help you with the pain soon. The MRI will help you and your doctor figure out your next step to healing. good luck!

K

May 2016 - Tarsal Tunnel Release surgery
July 2014 - Talonavicular Fusion and Achilles Tendon Lengthening, same foot