View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 08:37 AM   #2
yayagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
Re: balloon sinuplasty- insurance denied, claimed it is experimental

Dear sickbadger,

I had the balloon sinuplasty for 'stuffed' swollen sinuses and while it may help some people, I can attest to the fact that it did nothing whatsoever for me, plus it was a hideous experience. The after pain was incredible, and even with following after care to a T, yes, I could breathe clearly for awhile, then in a couple of weeks my sinuses are back exactly the way they were before that horrid experience. I do believe that the procedure is experimental at best if not complete quackery.

I suggest that you not hold onto that as your only or best option. I think that powers that be at times are looking after us when we can't get access to some things.

I personally hope I remember and never go to an ENT again. If you have a lingering infection or a polyp or some such those can be dealt with by a general practitioner or regular surgeon.