Thread: I hate myself
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 06:16 AM   #2
yayagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
Re: I hate myself

Dear Disturbed,

You are not a misfit. You share feelings that most of us hide.
Please read what I wrote to another -
https://www.healthboards.com/boards/self-injury-recovery/1043858-self-harm.html
(it's hard for me to type)

We have to tell ourselves the truth and control our thoughts before we can control our bodies. Hating others or ourselves makes us destructive. We need to forgive others and ourselves. Whatever others did or do to you is not your fault. I also felt like the odd person out. But as I grew up I began to see that my struggles are very common. Even the most popular and beautiful looking people struggle with self- harm and self-esteem.

You can stop hating yourself and begin hating injustice. Once we begin getting our hate off our own selves, we can enjoy when the sun shines and even when it rains. It does both of all of us. We just notice it more on our own selves. That is totally normal, as we cannot read minds. Every person has some suffering and struggles in life.

We can't fix others and we cannot fix everything in our own lives. But we can choose to notice that scars mean healing, life, health. We can change how we look at the things in our lives. You can do this, too.

You can get off your own back, hon. You are just as worthwhile as any of the rest of we humans.

Love,