View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #4
yayagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
Re: Antidepressants, Fertility, & Conceiving

No offense was intended. Sorry midwest guy, that I was not more clear.

You mentioned studies that indicate antidepressants can reduce sperm count and potentially cause infertility. I agree that yes, the antidepressant can affect one that way. You can read up on a long list of side effects here - https://www.drugs.com/sfx/norpramin-side-effects.html

Though you consider that the amount of alcohol either of you drink is too minuscule to negatively impact your bodies, what I am saying is that alcohol and antidepressants are known to interfere with the digestive and endocrine (hormone) system and therefore interfere with ability to impregnate or get pregnant as well as overall health & mood. Alcohol itself is a depressant, and is never is to be used while on antidepressants.

In my opinion to mix trying to impregnate with drug or any amount of alcohol use is unwise and counterproductive. That's just my personal outlook. Of course, what you choose to risk is completely your own choice.