View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 11:05 AM   #9
Bloombox
(female)

Bloombox HB User
Re: Double vision (diplopia) on lateral gazes: meds or pulled muscle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy61 View Post
As silly as this may sound; you might try moisture eye drops (my preference is Systane Gel Drops), to see if it helps your eyes in anyway. The Gel Drops can temporarily cause blurriness.

You might consider seeing a Neuro-Ophthalmologist for a more complete exam. You will more than likely need a Drs. referral to a Neuro-Ophthalmologist and your wait to see one might be lengthy as this is a very specialized field.

If I have understood correctly your Ophthalmologist did diagnose you with diplopia upon examination? Bloombox, I have Diplopia, it affects one eye muscle and is only noticeable when looking in one direction. Although I use diplopia to describe what I have mine is actually called ~ Internuclear ophthalmoplegia (INO) and nystagmus.

I had seen two Ophthalmologist's that failed to recognize what the problem was. I was referred to a Neuro-Ophthalmologist who figured it out quite quickly.

The reason for your double vision very well may be of no concern as you have been told. Anxiety and some medications could certainly be part of the problem as well as being obsessive about your eyes.

I wish you well.
I wouldn't give a damn about INO as annoying as it is. I'm mostly anxious about the so-called dreadful brain tumor. Especially since I have diplopia on both sides.

I wanted to be referred to a neuro-ophtalmo and chickened out. I am TERRIFED of doctors. Just seeing my psychiatrist takes a huge toll on me every month.