View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 05:32 PM   #1
clyde2012

clyde2012 HB User
help understanding MRI results lower lumbar

I have been having numbness and tingling from the knee down and after an EMG and a pressure test it was suggested it may be in my back. I finally got the results back and would like an honest opinion on the results. My brother had a fusion L5-S1 and has nothing but problems so I hope that is not where I am headed. Thank you for your help in advance.

MRI L SPINE W/ and W/O CONTRAST:

Techniques: Sagittal T1, T2, Stir, axial T1 and axial T2. The post-contrast axial and sagittal T1.
Findings: There is a mild dextroscoliosis. The moderate to severe disk space narrowing is visualized at L4/5 level. L5/S1 level demonstrates a mild disk space narrowing. There is a disk desiccation at L3/4, L4/5 and L5/S1 levels. The bone marrow signals are patchy. The conus medullaris ends at L1 level without abnormal signal.
L1/L2: The circumferential disk bulging is present, 4 mm in AP dimension. The central canal is 14 mm in AP dimension. The bilateral neuroforamina are mildly narrowed, especially on the right.
L2/L3: The circumferential disk bulging is present, 5 mm in AP dimension. The central canal is 12 mm in AP dimension. The bilateral neuroforamina are moderately narrowed.
L3/L4: The circumferential disk bulging is present, 6 mm in AP dimension. The central canal is 12 mm in AP dimension. The bilateral neuroforamina are moderately narrowed, especially on the right. There is a mild facet disease.
L4/L5: The posterior disk bulging is present with osteophyte complex formation, 5 mm in AP dimension. The central canal is 13 mm in AP dimension. The bilateral neuroforamina are moderately to severely narrowed. There is a mild facet arthropathy.
L5/S1: There is a posterior central disc protrusion, 6 mm in AP and 17 mm in transverse dimension. The central canal is 13 mm in AP dimension. The bilateral neuroforamina are moderately narrowed.

IMPRESSION:

1. The multilevel disk disease is visualized without central canal compromise.
2. Multilevel neuroforaminal narrowing is present, especially at L4/5 and L5/S1 levels with moderate to severe neuroforaminal narrowing.
3. The bone marrow signals are patchy, likely due to demineralization.
4. Multilevel facet disease is present.
5. Dextroscoliosis is visualized.
6. L4/5 and L5/S1 disk space narrowing is present, more severe in the L4/5 level with multilevel disk desiccation.
7. No abnormal contrast enhancement is visualized.

Sponsors Lightbulb