View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
Safeplace
(female)

Safeplace HB User
Could it be my thyroid?

Hello everyone,

My name is Nat.

I have recently been going through a worsening of my anxiety, depression and OCD Symptoms, and after dealing with this for about three weeks, i have begun to wonder if it's possible that it could be related to my thyroid.

About a year ago, I gotten testing done my my results for my TSH was 4.97. I know this is the normal range 0.450-4.500 (uIU/mL). T4 - 1.37. But didn't receive medication or anything. I don't know much about the thyroid and it's conditions, so I am not sure if it could be related. Though I have been experiencing the physical symptoms of Hypo.

Such as,

Hair loss
Dry skin
Constipation
Weight Issues
etc.

Mentally, I can't concentrate on much. Have Obsessive thinking that has seem to have gotten worse. Weird Intrusive thoughts and just feeling overall anxious, and getting depressed.

I see a Psych and Therapist, am prescribed medication for over 5 years now. And I believe I was doing okay for a time. Until I stopped the antidepressant, but started it up again.

But since I never really thought about the thyroid I wanted to know if it can be an issue? I am getting blood work done again tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Administrator; 05-24-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb