View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 07:43 AM   #3
yayagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
Re: Could it be my thyroid?

Dear Nat.

Thyroid definitely can be an issue, so the answer is yes.

I esp. wish psyche doctors would study the endocrine system and learn about thyroid issues. The thyroid affects the emotions since too low or too high thyroid hormones can make us feel stressed out or depressed. Your thyroid level could be what is causing the depression or making you feel down. I am not diagnosing you, Just giving information.

A high TSH means you might need additional thyroid hormone. It can be confusing, but too high TSH means not enough thyroid hormone. But to know more you really need more than just the TSH. To really know what is going on you need Free T4 and Free T3 tests and you need to know the test ranges.

Thyroid levels can be also be affected by the antidepressant and foods that you eat.
Getting to a thyroid level that works is by trying different doses and it takes weeks to find out what a dose will do. Maybe you know this.

Find a really knowledgeable endocrinologist by asking store pharmacists if any local doctors prescribe natural thyroid and ask for their names. Do you have insurance so you can talk to the doctors you wish to see?

The following user gives a hug of support to yayagirl:
Safeplace (05-28-2019)