Thread: More questions
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2002, 07:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 506
crystalll HB User

Hi Michelle,

Is your doctor a dentist who specializes in diagnosing and treating TMJ dysfunction? If not, then you are probably wasting your time.
Some tests that can be used to diagnose TMJD include; tomograms, panoramic xrays, joint vibration analysis, MRI, etc. If they're not doing most of these things then they can't get a proper idea of the position of your condyle within the joint.
I've found that we have to be our own advocates when it comes to this disorder, so if you don't get answers with this doctor, move on until you find someone who you're satisfied with.