It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board

Abuse by proxy

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #1
Magnify
(female)

Magnify HB User
Abuse by proxy

This is often called emotional blackmail too A person who has been abusive to you draws in another person who totally sides with them and heaps even more abuse on you They often go to family members or friends or they get attorneys to heap even more abuse on you This happened to me and I did see some of it coming bc I happened upon a book about emotional blackmail But I totally underestimated how abusive other people they went to could be And I was in a very vulnerable situation post accident I want to warn others about this bc it makes things even worse and it puts you in a lot more danger It is like mobbing or a gang where they increase the abuse using their brother or whoever or hire an attorney and lie to the attorney or they may call other authorities on you or even try to claim something criminal Just consider this when you find yourself in an abusive relationship

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2015, 08:58 AM   #2
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Abuse by proxy

I hope you were able to deal with the situation!

Old 09-15-2015, 11:11 AM   #3
Magnify
(female)

Magnify HB User

Thank you It was a horrible situation He solicited help from his family his daughter and then they threatened to get his brother her uncle involved He had said that his brother was even worse than him Then he started telling lies to other colleagues and got a referral to an attorney The attorney was vicious and had totally bought into his lies She did not understand the situation at all and did not care Totally unethical and unprofessional They intimidated me to sign an agreement that I told her I did not understand It had so much legalese in it not even someone in the legal profession could tell you what it meant I fought to get a lot of things taken out and others put in the agreement but every time I said anything the attorney would threaten me that if I didn't sign it they would do this or that everything from restraining orders to call authorities etc etc Anyone acting the way she did in my opinion is acting contrary to law I still have nightmares and flashbacks on the horrible things they said to me I was in a very vulnerable situation Like I had to find a place to move or be homeless I could not think straight I overheard them talking about me and basically laughing like it was some kind of play or theater a show I could not do that to someone I could not call myself a licensed professional ie attorney and act like that act like a vicious animal out to psychologically devastate someone and call it my occupation The truth was the opposite of everything he said happened I was afraid for my safety on all levels They were both out to humiliate me And they want to shut you up They don't want to give you any chance to be heard They just force their agenda Totally unilateral Then he said after all this that he wanted to be friends with me That it was important to him to be friends Then I knew for sure he had lost his mind

Old 09-15-2015, 12:24 PM   #4
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

be friends? for what, so he could have another go at you?
I hope you recruited the services of your own attorney!?
maybe you still can?

Old 09-15-2015, 12:52 PM   #5
Magnify
(female)

Magnify HB User

Exactly This person does not even know what friendship is I was so shaken up by their abuse that I could not find an attorney to help me I did look I had a legal insurance membership but they are slow to respond I told his attorney that I had this legal membership and that there was a conflict of interest bc he had a membership with them too That meant I had to wait to get a referral to another law firm But his attorney didn't care To me that is a violation of due process of law And even though the agreement was signed I told the attorney in writing and also in a letter to the partner of the law firm she worked for that the way she was handling things put me under duress So I did plant a seed there to contest the so called agreement bc I did not want to sign it I am going to try to find an attorney but it is hard to find one A lot of them seem to want to just sell you out like they start taking the side of the other party This man and his attorney traumatized me I sleep all the time and have flashbacks I can't forget it I can't forget what they did I try but then it comes back to me Something will trigger it trigger a memory and there is all this emotional pain attached to the memory I had a dream where I saw his snarling face and his head but he had the body of a snake!

Reply Reply