It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board

Not sure I'm being abused or overreacting

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2017, 06:48 PM   #1
cvoor
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User
Not sure I'm being abused or overreacting

Hello, I have posted this question also on another board, because I'm just not sure. Occasionally, not very often, my husband when he drinks gets mad, usually it's over trivial things, like what I watch on tv, his job, my mom, various things. He also calls me names, not all the time, like dumb, idiot, but says its a joke that's how they talk in the oilfield. Then just a few times, when he's drinking, drunk, he has screamed at me,grabbed me by the arms, grabbed my neck, and put me against the wall, and slightly choke me, then stop, this last time he punched me on my side, and ribs, and said he could easily break my neck. Am I overreacting?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #2
sweetpotato13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Not sure I'm being abused or overreacting

You are not overreacting, honey, you are being abused by your husband.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:07 AM   #3
renko
Veteran
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User

Hi, no you are not overreacting. A man or woman should never touch another person in anger or threaten them. You need to take action and either leave or if you can set your boundaries with him. I believe drinking in some people bring out the worse in them and they lose their inhibitions. You should never allow this and I hope you don't have any children. I would say you are being bullied, verbally abused and now physically abused. Don't stand for this and set your boundaries and leave if you have to. Best wishes.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:35 PM   #4
cvoor
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User

Thank you all, I just wasn't sure.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:14 AM   #5
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

yes you are being abused, so now that you know does that change anything?
are you going to continue to tolerate this behavior from him?

Old 05-06-2017, 02:38 AM   #6
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Did he grow up seeing this type of behavior? What makes him think it is okay?

Yes, you are being abused. Please leave him and get some help for yourself. If you want this marriage to work...leave and get legal assistance. This will continue to escalate until he puts you in the hospital or kills you.

Your husband needs help. Fast. Before you become a statistic.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-06-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Reply Reply