It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board

• Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-21-2004, 08:18 AM   #31
    mouse62
    Inactive

mouse62 HB User
    Re: Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

It sounds like the woman here is not thinking clearly. Since there are no children involved, I would give to her a phone number and a list of things she should do such as start saving money in a hidden place and be ready to leave at a moments notice; yes, it should be kept secret from the guy. It occurred to me, is the guy a cop or related to one? It really would be almost pointless to get the police involved if that is the case. I hate these situations but when there are no children involved and if the woman has the financial means, then the problem is purely psychological on her part. And on his part, too, but she can get up and leave. Maybe she will need a vicious dog or some other defense once she leaves.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2004, 08:35 AM   #32
    Del_00

Del_00 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GirlHarley
    AND.... I thought you were a NICE boy,...not one to beat someone up and show him his gravesite.
    LOL

In all seriousness the police didn't take the issue seriously and I believe he would have killed her eventually. I forgot to mention that he threw her down the stairs which is what put her in hospital - he couldn't go to thepolice because of the amount of witnesses to his treatment of her aginst him and the lack of witnesses in the woods at 3am - he said he would come back for her but hasn't yet because men who hit women are cowards

Last edited by Del_00; 05-21-2004 at 08:37 AM.

Old 05-21-2004, 08:45 AM   #33
    GirlHarley
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GirlHarley HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Del_00
    LOL

In all seriousness the police didn't take the issue seriously and I believe he would have killed her eventually. I forgot to mention that he threw her down the stairs which is what put her in hospital - he couldn't go to thepolice because of the amount of witnesses to his treatment of her aginst him and the lack of witnesses in the woods at 3am - he said he would come back for her but hasn't yet because men who hit women are cowards
    Understood...DEL. and I'm glad I made you laugh.

I think the guy should be tripped down a flight of stairs, yes he is a coward but he made the next threat of going after the girl again. That needs to be taken seriously because he may not do it today, tomorrow, but maybe in the near future when "he the monster that he is" thinks the brusies are healed and the coast is clear...I would keep my eye on this fellow..The girl should have a body guard or someone with her at all times for at least a few months.

Old 05-21-2004, 09:06 AM   #34
    mouse62
    Inactive

mouse62 HB User

That's the creepy part -- these guys are cowards and you would think that leaving them and telling them to buzz off, even getting a protection order, would be enough of an obstacle for them. But no, some are obsessed and the stats show that they commit most violent crimes at or right after the woman's departure time.

Old 05-21-2004, 09:31 AM   #35
    excaliburgrl
    Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

i'm one of those people who doesn't agree with violence...but there are some people out there who won't learn until you kick their teeth in...

Old 05-21-2004, 09:55 AM   #36
    Del_00

Del_00 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GirlHarley
    Understood...DEL. and I'm glad I made you laugh.

I think the guy should be tripped down a flight of stairs, yes he is a coward but he made the next threat of going after the girl again. That needs to be taken seriously because he may not do it today, tomorrow, but maybe in the near future when "he the monster that he is" thinks the brusies are healed and the coast is clear...I would keep my eye on this fellow..The girl should have a body guard or someone with her at all times for at least a few months.
    He aint coming back, he's a marked man.Well if he does he is very stupid indeed! It's been quite a while now and thankfully she found another guy who is great but also a very, very big fella so I think she'll be oK! what was baffling though was she hated us for months after we *coughs* "had a little chat" with Mr punch even though he had put her in hospital!! then she came round but was very frustrating to see her defend him and cry that he had gone.

what i don't know is if the loser scuttled off and found another punchbag somewhere

Old 05-21-2004, 09:57 AM   #37
    excaliburgrl
    Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

since violence seems to be a patterned behavior he very well might have...as sad as it is...

Old 05-21-2004, 12:21 PM   #38
    Ninispjc
    Inactive

Ninispjc HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Del_00
    He aint coming back, he's a marked man.Well if he does he is very stupid indeed! It's been quite a while now and thankfully she found another guy who is great but also a very, very big fella so I think she'll be oK! what was baffling though was she hated us for months after we *coughs* "had a little chat" with Mr punch even though he had put her in hospital!! then she came round but was very frustrating to see her defend him and cry that he had gone.

what i don't know is if the loser scuttled off and found another punchbag somewhere
    It's not hard for some women to get to a state where they are so desperate for love they'd rather be in an abusive relationship than be alone. Once the verbal abuse starts and they stay, then the physical abuse starts and they still stay, then I think it becomes a rationalization, "but he really loves me, I know he does!!" type of thing. What they can't face is that no one who loves you would ever treat you that way. Sometimes that's too hard to face, yet another person in their life who does't love them after all (many of these women come from homes with violent or cold and withholding parents, abusive siblings, or something like that). But it is nothing to mess around with. These men must be dealt with carefully and swiftly. Sadly, it was a big story in the news a couple of years back here in my home state of a man who was mad at his wife for leaving him, and before he tried to kill her, he took their three little daughters, put them in his pick up truck and killed all of them to "punish" his wife. It was a tragedy the whole state mourned.

Old 05-21-2004, 12:50 PM   #39
    brooke_c_23

brooke_c_23 HB User

I agree with excaliburgrl and girlharley you need to go to the police right AWAY before your friend gets killed and you did not get her help!

Closed Thread