It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Abuse Support Message Board

  • Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 05-21-2004, 08:18 AM   #31
    mouse62
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Posts: 530
    mouse62 HB User
    Re: Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

    It sounds like the woman here is not thinking clearly. Since there are no children involved, I would give to her a phone number and a list of things she should do such as start saving money in a hidden place and be ready to leave at a moments notice; yes, it should be kept secret from the guy. It occurred to me, is the guy a cop or related to one? It really would be almost pointless to get the police involved if that is the case. I hate these situations but when there are no children involved and if the woman has the financial means, then the problem is purely psychological on her part. And on his part, too, but she can get up and leave. Maybe she will need a vicious dog or some other defense once she leaves.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 05-21-2004, 08:35 AM   #32
    Del_00
    Junior Member
     
    Del_00's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Location: Cardiff, Wales
    Posts: 32
    Del_00 HB User
    Re: Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GirlHarley
    AND.... I thought you were a NICE boy,...not one to beat someone up and show him his gravesite.
    LOL

    In all seriousness the police didn't take the issue seriously and I believe he would have killed her eventually. I forgot to mention that he threw her down the stairs which is what put her in hospital - he couldn't go to thepolice because of the amount of witnesses to his treatment of her aginst him and the lack of witnesses in the woods at 3am - he said he would come back for her but hasn't yet because men who hit women are cowards
    __________________
    One life, no fear

    Last edited by Del_00; 05-21-2004 at 08:37 AM.

     
    Old 05-21-2004, 08:45 AM   #33
    GirlHarley
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    GirlHarley's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 1,580
    GirlHarley HB User
    Re: Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Del_00
    LOL

    In all seriousness the police didn't take the issue seriously and I believe he would have killed her eventually. I forgot to mention that he threw her down the stairs which is what put her in hospital - he couldn't go to thepolice because of the amount of witnesses to his treatment of her aginst him and the lack of witnesses in the woods at 3am - he said he would come back for her but hasn't yet because men who hit women are cowards
    Understood...DEL. and I'm glad I made you laugh.

    I think the guy should be tripped down a flight of stairs, yes he is a coward but he made the next threat of going after the girl again. That needs to be taken seriously because he may not do it today, tomorrow, but maybe in the near future when "he the monster that he is" thinks the brusies are healed and the coast is clear...I would keep my eye on this fellow..The girl should have a body guard or someone with her at all times for at least a few months.

     
    Old 05-21-2004, 09:06 AM   #34
    mouse62
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Posts: 530
    mouse62 HB User
    Re: Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

    That's the creepy part -- these guys are cowards and you would think that leaving them and telling them to buzz off, even getting a protection order, would be enough of an obstacle for them. But no, some are obsessed and the stats show that they commit most violent crimes at or right after the woman's departure time.

     
    Old 05-21-2004, 09:31 AM   #35
    excaliburgrl
    Senior Veteran
     
    excaliburgrl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: south carolina
    Posts: 978
    excaliburgrl HB User
    Re: Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

    i'm one of those people who doesn't agree with violence...but there are some people out there who won't learn until you kick their teeth in...
    __________________
    'to really live you must nearly die'-received from a vietnam vet

     
    Old 05-21-2004, 09:55 AM   #36
    Del_00
    Junior Member
     
    Del_00's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2002
    Location: Cardiff, Wales
    Posts: 32
    Del_00 HB User
    Re: Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GirlHarley
    Understood...DEL. and I'm glad I made you laugh.

    I think the guy should be tripped down a flight of stairs, yes he is a coward but he made the next threat of going after the girl again. That needs to be taken seriously because he may not do it today, tomorrow, but maybe in the near future when "he the monster that he is" thinks the brusies are healed and the coast is clear...I would keep my eye on this fellow..The girl should have a body guard or someone with her at all times for at least a few months.
    He aint coming back, he's a marked man.Well if he does he is very stupid indeed! It's been quite a while now and thankfully she found another guy who is great but also a very, very big fella so I think she'll be oK! what was baffling though was she hated us for months after we *coughs* "had a little chat" with Mr punch even though he had put her in hospital!! then she came round but was very frustrating to see her defend him and cry that he had gone.

    what i don't know is if the loser scuttled off and found another punchbag somewhere
    __________________
    One life, no fear

     
    Old 05-21-2004, 09:57 AM   #37
    excaliburgrl
    Senior Veteran
     
    excaliburgrl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2004
    Location: south carolina
    Posts: 978
    excaliburgrl HB User
    Re: Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

    since violence seems to be a patterned behavior he very well might have...as sad as it is...
    __________________
    'to really live you must nearly die'-received from a vietnam vet

     
    Old 05-21-2004, 12:21 PM   #38
    Ninispjc
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Mar 2003
    Location: Western USA
    Posts: 1,757
    Ninispjc HB User
    Re: Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Del_00
    He aint coming back, he's a marked man.Well if he does he is very stupid indeed! It's been quite a while now and thankfully she found another guy who is great but also a very, very big fella so I think she'll be oK! what was baffling though was she hated us for months after we *coughs* "had a little chat" with Mr punch even though he had put her in hospital!! then she came round but was very frustrating to see her defend him and cry that he had gone.

    what i don't know is if the loser scuttled off and found another punchbag somewhere
    It's not hard for some women to get to a state where they are so desperate for love they'd rather be in an abusive relationship than be alone. Once the verbal abuse starts and they stay, then the physical abuse starts and they still stay, then I think it becomes a rationalization, "but he really loves me, I know he does!!" type of thing. What they can't face is that no one who loves you would ever treat you that way. Sometimes that's too hard to face, yet another person in their life who does't love them after all (many of these women come from homes with violent or cold and withholding parents, abusive siblings, or something like that). But it is nothing to mess around with. These men must be dealt with carefully and swiftly. Sadly, it was a big story in the news a couple of years back here in my home state of a man who was mad at his wife for leaving him, and before he tried to kill her, he took their three little daughters, put them in his pick up truck and killed all of them to "punish" his wife. It was a tragedy the whole state mourned.

     
    Old 05-21-2004, 12:50 PM   #39
    brooke_c_23
    Junior Member
     
    brooke_c_23's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2004
    Posts: 20
    brooke_c_23 HB User
    Re: Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

    I agree with excaliburgrl and girlharley you need to go to the police right AWAY before your friend gets killed and you did not get her help!

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    CONFUSED with THYROID readings?? I need help? meds do nto seem to be working? bluetou Thyroid Disorders 17 05-12-2011 07:18 PM
    help please? i need some advise. Quick replys? hannaere92 Depression 2 06-15-2008 08:07 PM
    Constant suffering & no help from doctors girlwithadream Open to All Other Health Topics 5 12-14-2006 06:43 AM
    i need a little help hiera Heart Disorders 23 11-30-2004 06:05 PM
    Help with Husband babynoek Depression 18 04-16-2004 03:59 PM
    How do I help him stop hurting? emtdoll Relationship Health 10 01-24-2004 01:41 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:29 AM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!