It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board

How can an aunt help nephew who is being abused at home

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
LisaAnnBee
(female)

LisaAnnBee HB User
How can an aunt help nephew who is being abused at home

How can an aunt help nephew who is being abused and his siblings are being neglected at home?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
ozzybug
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
Re: How can an aunt help nephew who is being abused at home

The best thing you can do is call Social Services. I know this sounds bad, but really, the best route is through the legal system. Please, you know this is not good for these children, you know what's going on and if you don't make that call it will continue.

Think about the welfare, health and safety of those precious children. Many times, Social Services will allow children to be placed with family members in cases like this, so don't let fear of foster homes keep you from calling.

Those kids can't take up for themselves, so now someone else has to. Let your conscience be your guide.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
rainlovers1
(female)

rainlovers1 HB User

To be honest it is your responsibility when you know a child is being abuse to step in with social services. allot of people give them a bad rap but i have seen then do amazing things too. There report lines are confidential if you are worried about that.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
athena8108
(female)

athena8108 HB User

to be honest, social services don't do a great job, it's a difficult job and i'm not saying they don't work hard or anything, but i think it's perhaps impossible to get the job right.
i'll give you a tip though, when i ran away from home to escape mental/physical abuse, when the police were called to find me, all they could do was come and make sure i was 'safe and well', i was staying with a friend, i was 15. they had no right to frog march me home, and there was no punity of the people who had so kindly let me stay with them, but this was in the uk, get advice for where you are.

there's always more than one way!

The following user gives a hug of support to athena8108:
cinderleah1985 (03-07-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to athena8108 For This Useful Post:
cinderleah1985 (03-07-2011)
Old 12-20-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
mangokiwi
(female)

mangokiwi HB User

hey, well i agree with u, and a relative will sure do better than social service in my opinion it is emotionally better for him to feel cared for by a close family member than a strnge person.Try to find out everything he and his siblings are goin thru invite them over let them feel emotionally supported and if it is in any way possible try to talk to any of the parents who u feel is capable of understand the gravity of what he/she and his/her partner is doin to their childrenr only ...if not well ...theres nthn left to do except calling social service...

Old 12-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #6
sjb
Senior Veteran
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I like the advice about the invitation to take them in. The kids must come out of there because some kids suffer damage and other severe problems with abuse. I am not sure how wise it is to get graphic so maybe I shouldn't but I have heard some real horror stories getting them out now with the police might even be wise if they can't respond to an invitation.

Closed Thread