It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board

• Protection from Emotional Abuse?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
    BeachMama
    (female)

BeachMama HB UserBeachMama HB User
    Unhappy Protection from Emotional Abuse?

I am an adult, married with children.

I come from a highly dysfunctional family. Emotional Abuse is the norm in the family. It is carefully covered up.

These are some typical behaviors of my parents and siblings: Aggression, gaslighting, guilt, blackmail, demeaning, undermining, harassment (some would say terrorizing), humiliation, corrupting my children and lying about me to gain sympathy from others.

In order to protect myself, my children and my husband from all of this abuse, my husband and I have decided to estrange ourselves from my side of the family.

My family members do not accept the estrangement and harass us almost daily with messages, knocks at the door, care packages, etc. Some messages are phony-nice, some are threatening, but all are manipulative.

I live in fear of retaliation. At least one of my family members is a Narcissist and another is a Sociopath. They are capable of anything, and they are experts at playing the role of the victim and covering their tracks.

My biggest fear is harm to my children or husband. What can my husband and I do to protect all of us?

Would it help to let my husband's family know what is going on, for emotional support from them, or would that backfire?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
    Gmama17
    (female)

Gmama17 HB User
    Re: Protection from Emotional Abuse?

Maybe once some time has passed they will stop you know get the message. Those threats though I would keep that stuff and if anything suspicious happened I would not hesitate to contact the authorities and let them handle such matters. Lots of luck and staying to yourselves I think is smart maybe some physical distance as well when you can.

Closed Thread