It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board

verbal abuse

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
michelle716
Inactive
(female)

michelle716 HB User
verbal abuse

Ok everyone.. My boyfriend calls me names sometimes and curses when he gets mad and frustrated. I guess that's how he handles his anger, or he will walk away. Just earlier, he came into my job because he needed to use my car to go somewhere. He has a work van, but he couldn't use it at the time. He asked me if there was gas in the car, and i said no, i put 5 dollars in. He got mad at me and walked out. I called him and said come back in my job and i will give u more money to put in it. he was like, "why do you leave your car with no gas, what if someone needs to use it?" i said, first of all, if you need to use it, you can put ur own gas in it. and secondly, i put 5 in it so there should be enough for where u want to go. he said, "your ****** stupid" .. he also called me an *******, and i called him back and i said im not talking to u until u apologize to me.. dont disrepect me like that.. he said no im not saying sorry.. so i hung up on him..... what should i do?? were both 25, and weve been living together for a year and a half now

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2011, 06:04 AM   #2
Phoenix
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: verbal abuse

Hello michelle,

If you've been living with him for 18 months and things aren't getting better,ask yourself if you deserve better....

I will answer for you;absolutely yes.

You're allowing him to chip away at your self esteem...don't give him that power,which he seems to love exploiting....

only because he can get away with it.

If he has anger issues and doesn't want to seek help,he's probably in denial.

No one deserves to be abused;verbally or otherwise.

Respectfully
Phoenix

The following user gives a hug of support to Phoenix:
dulcina32 (07-18-2011)
Old 06-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
renko
Veteran
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User

Hi, I was married to a man for almost 10 years and had three sons. I was verbally abused and not with profanity but with critical statements and put downs. Since I had low self-esteem issues and didn't know how to stand up for myself I took this abuse and even though it was not physical it hurt deeply and I went into a deep depression. I was angry and hurt and rejected by the man I loved. Well after many years of this I finally lost my love for him and didn't respond to the critical words and left him. Don't stay with a man who treats you like this and please don't marry him and have children. The children will suffer as well as you and you deserve someone who will treat you with respect. We all deserve respect, kindness and love from those who say they care about us. Best wishes.

The following user gives a hug of support to renko:
dulcina32 (07-18-2011)
Old 06-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
Looking4aAnswer
(female)

Looking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB User

michelle716:

Wow! It sounds like your boyfriend has no intention of making changes. I guess what you should ask yourself is, do I deserve to be treated like this? You're the only one who has the answer to that and I hope things work out.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
greenacres
(female)

greenacres HB Usergreenacres HB Usergreenacres HB User

Pack up your stuff and run.....RUN as fast as you can away from this dysfunctional abusive relationship. Good luck to you.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
katlin09
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Well everyone is pretty in line on this one.

Ask yourself this if someone talks to me like, disrespects me like that, calls me awful names and says awful things to me......does he really love me? Do I really believe that I love him? Do I want to continue to be treated like this privately, personally, publicly????

I think if you really ask yourself these questions and listen down deep for the real answers, you'll know what you should do. No woman deserves to be treated like this by the man that supposedly loves her.......and 18 months is a long time with no change.

Closed Thread