It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board

• Bullying Husband

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
    Worrybucket
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
    Bullying Husband

I'm back to vent and hopefully for some more information, as I feel so alone with this.

My Husband as known here is a bully. But he's taken it a step further now I think. Maybe it was my fault, i'm not sure.

His elderly Mother is in Hospital after a fall, she has dementia. She is medically fit and well, except her mind is going and she is peeing herself, and cannot really be left alone.

My Husband who is one of 7 kids has taken it upon himself to be at the hospital 24/7 ! the other kids are around a bit but while he is there they don't really bother much with her. The nurses can look after her but they are constantly calling him to come in as they cant deal with her !!!

I tried to talk to him about the amount of time he's spending there as he is taking time off work and not spending any time with me and our child.

I think because our marriage is so fragile and he flies off the handle at me for anything it made me trying to talk to him worse.

He ranted and raved that it was his Mother and she was ill and I was cold and didn't care (ive been at the hospital a lot, trying to help with her after care etc) the other in laws have not been near the place, they all went off for their holidays ! But what annoys me most is that their marriages are strong, their wives can say stuff and the Husbands will respect that and spend time with them as opposed to running to the hospital 24/7.

Why wont my Husband do this? Is it because he is avoiding being with me? is it because he's generally wanting to be with his Mum (which he says it is). SO now he told me to F off and leave him alone, and I'm so mad at him, as I feel its only ever us that argue over his damn family, whilst every other of his siblings are carrying on with their lovely family lives because the Husbands love and respect their wives and look at them as their immediate family now. My Husband just doesn't look at me and our child as his first priority and family, he's always put his Mother and sibling first. I'm sick of it and don't know what the heck to do.

I was thinking of apologising for having a go at him while his mum is in hospital, or just saying blow it, he needs to start thinking of us before anyone else for a change. HELP !!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread