It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board

• Verbal Abuse... please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
    Soccergirl10
    (female)

Soccergirl10 HB User
    Verbal Abuse... please help

I need some advice. For as long as I can remember I have been afraid to make any type of mistake around my Dad. For example, if I brought home grades that were low B's or an occasional C (keep in mind I took AP and IB classes) he would scream at me telling me I was stupid and lazy and and never do anything right and I'm gonna end up accomplishing nothing with my life. If I make a mistake he does the same thing. He will sometimes tell me he doesn't want to see my face or talk to me ever again. I love my dad, but I constantly feel like a complete failure in his eyes and he makes me feel as if I will never be perfect enough. He likes to play games with my brothers my mom and I. He will tell my brothers and I that we can go hang out with our friends then right as we are leaving he will scream at us saying something along the lines of "what the he are you doing leaving?" He has control issues with my mom (he tells her exactly what to buy at the grocery store and if she buys anything else he yells at her) and he constantly makes fun of her weight (she is not fat) and tells my brothers and I not to be like her. This has been going on forever. I never know what mood my dad will be in when he gets home. The things he says to me stick in my mind and play over and over again in my head. Sometimes my stomach starts to hurt from stressing out of his moods And the constant arguments he has with my mom. I don't know what to do and need some advice to guide me in the right direction.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: Verbal Abuse... please help

Hi, your father sounds like a bully and nothing will change that. Just look forward to the time you will be out of the house on your own.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
    Myliehoods
    (female)

Myliehoods HB User

Google narcissist. What a horrible way to live. You shouldn't be forced to live this way. But by the sounds of it your mum feels stuck with your dad. So sad. He is extremely controlling and that's not normal. You should speak to someone about this. Like a doctor. Good luck

Old 07-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #4
    Josef63
    (male)

Josef63 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Myliehoods View Post
    Google narcissist. What a horrible way to live. You shouldn't be forced to live this way. But by the sounds of it your mum feels stuck with your dad. So sad. He is extremely controlling and that's not normal. You should speak to someone about this. Like a doctor. Good luck
    I agree with you. Soccergirl10, your father seems to have a Narcissistic personality disorder.

Closed Thread