It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board

• Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy survivor?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
    LittleCarol
    (female)

LittleCarol HB User
    Question Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy survivor?

Hello everyone,

I am new to HealthBoards, but I thought I'd try here because I am 42, and I am just having some disturbing memories surface about my childhood. I always knew my mom was "weird", but now I'm remembering some details that make me think I might be a survivor of Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy.

In my case, I have a brother who is 5 years younger, and he has never led a normal life. He can work now, but is emotionally dependent on my parents, who divorced when I was 8 because my mom mysteriously decided that was necessary after 10 years of marriage to my dad. However, dad moved nearby, and continued to be pulled along with her abuse. She tried to get me diagnosed with bipolar disorder from the time I was 4 (in the 1970s), and I ended up even getting hospitalized as a teenager. I finally escaped to my dad's when I was 14, but I have not remembered much since then.

I had major depression until about age 30, and now, I'm getting a better idea as to why as these memories are coming back. I have vaginismus (sexual disorder), and now I have read some research that says Munchausen moms often sexually abuse their babies. I was hospitalized for severe bladder infections when a baby, so this makes sense. My brother is also sexually screwed up, and now I think I know why. I have a dissociative disorder called fugue and have a lot of other health problems from this. My dad and brother are still brainwashed. My mom caused these kidney/bladder infections, pretended/fabricated I had allergies, and also fabricated/induced bizarre behavior from me so I looked like a mental case (which I am now).

Does anyone else think they might be a Muchausen Syndrome by Proxy survivor? I looked around and cannot find a board where people are talking about this. I can't even find much research on it. I'd love to hear from anyone who knows about this!

Little Carol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Have a Breslow Day!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-28-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2013, 02:06 AM   #2
    LittleCarol
    (female)

LittleCarol HB User
    Re: Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy survivor?

Everyone,

I want to update you on the fact that I have talked to a few other people who may be Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy survivors. We all have problems remembering our childhood. One person who is in her 20s remembered better, but another one in her 60s was more like me, and did not have any memories of the abuse come back until her 50s. I'm in my 40s and the memories of the abuse just came back.

With me, the abuse was not as physical, so it was hard for me to realize it was abuse. Does this thought process sound familiar to anyone?

Have a Breslow Day!

Old 11-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
    LittleCarol
    (female)

LittleCarol HB User
    Re: Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy survivor?

Hello all,

I admit, I saw a lot of people post online about MSbP before I got up the nerve to post here - about myself. Even though I consider myself liberal and open-minded, even about many taboo subjects, I felt really closed down about posting even anonymously about this. I don't know why, but MSbP tends to make people afraid to talk about it. It's almost as if just posting about it anonymously might make it possibly "true", and I couldn't even face the possibility it was true.

This was over a year ago. Since then, I have become bold. So please feel free to reply to this post even if you are not exactly sure it is MSbP. I needed to warm up to the idea of the possibility I was an adult survivor of MSbP. Usually we are brainwashed into thinking it is something else (like many victims of other types of perpetrators are). It takes a little interaction to realize we might be onto something - or not. These boards are great for that kind of a reality check.

Hope everyone reading this is doing well this week - and always!

Have a Breslow Day!

Old 11-25-2013, 04:37 AM   #4
    LittleCarol
    (female)

LittleCarol HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy survivor?

Dear all,

I am still looking for people who think they might be survivors so I can talk to them. It's okay if you are not sure. It's pretty normal to be "not sure" for a while before you are sure "yes or no".

Please post, even if you are not sure. I'd like someone to talk to!

Peace to whoever reads this.

Have a Breslow Day!

Closed Thread

Tags
    abuse, child abuse, dissociation, suicide, vaginismus